We all know and love Mr Potato Head from the Toy Story movies, but who brings this character to life? Read on to find out!
Checkout this video:
Mr Potato Head’s History
Mr Potato Head is a toy that was first introduced in 1952. The original toy was a plastic potato that could be used to hold various facial features, such as eyes, noses, and mouths. In the Toy Story franchise, Mr Potato Head is voiced by Don Rickles.
How Mr Potato Head became a Toy Story Character
Mr Potato Head is a popular character from the Toy Story movies. He is a plastic toy that comes with different parts that can be swapped out. In the movies, he is voiced by Don Rickles. Mr Potato Head was not always a Toy Story character though. He was actually created in 1952 by George Lerner. He was originally designed to be used as a advertising tool for vegetables. plastic potatoes were given out to kids with stickers that could be used to decorate them. The Mr Potato Head toy as we know it today was first introduced in 1964. Hasbro is the company that currently owns the rights to the toy.
The Voice of Mr Potato Head
The voice of Mr Potato Head is provided by the actor Don Rickles. Mr Potato Head is a character in the Toy Story franchise and is one of the main characters in the films.
The Design of Mr Potato Head
Designed by George Van Tusseling, Mr Potato Head was first introduced in 1952 and was the first toy to be advertised on television. The original Mr Potato Head kit included various plastic body parts that could be stuck into a real potato or other fruit or vegetable. In 1964, Hasbro began selling a version of the toy with a plastic potato body and this is the version that is most commonly seen today.
Over the years, Mr Potato Head has undergone several redesigns but he has always retained his original core features. He is currently voiced by actor Don Rickles and has appeared in all four Toy Story movies to date.
Mr Potato Head on Screen
Toy Story is a 1995 American computer-animated buddy comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film’s success led to the development of sequels Toy Story 2 (1999) and Toy Story 3 (2010), as well as an animated TV series, Toy Story That Time Forgot (2014).
Mr Potato Head is a anthropomorphic potato toy designed to look like a human head, with removable plastic parts that can be swapped out to create different expressions. The character was created in 1952 by George Lerner and debuted as an advertising campaign character for Hasbro’s Playskool line of children’s toys. Mr Potato Head was one of the first toys to be marketed directly to children through television commercials.
The role of Mr Potato Head in the Toy Story films is voiced by Don Rickles, who passed away in 2017.
Mr Potato Head’s Legacy
Mr Potato Head is one of the most iconic characters in Toy Story, and his legacy extends far beyond the films. The character has been a staple of the Toy Story franchise since its inception, and he has been voiced by some of Hollywood’s biggest stars.
Mr Potato Head was originally voiced by Don Rickles in the Toy Story films. However, after Rickles passed away in 2017, the role was taken over by Woody Harrelson for the Toy Story 4.
Mr Potato Head is also a popular toy in his own right, and he has been featured in a number of spin-off products over the years. The most recent Mr Potato Head toy was released in 2019 and it is based on the character’s appearance in Toy Story 4.
Mr Potato Head Today
Since his creation in 1952, Mr Potato Head has been a popular toy for children. The original Mr Potato Head was created by George Lerner and was simply a plastic potato with holes for eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. Today, Mr Potato Head is manufactured by Hasbro and is sold as a kit that includes a plastic potato body and several accessories that can be swapped out. The most recent incarnation of Mr Potato Head is voiced by actor Don Rickles, who passed away in 2017.
Mr Potato Head’s Future
In Toy Story 4, Mr. Potato Head is no longer a supporting character. He now takes on a more significant role as Woody tries to find his place in the world. The character is voiced by Don Rickles, who passed away in 2017. Toy Story 4 is dedicated to him.
10 Fun Facts About Mr Potato Head
Mr Potato Head is one of the most beloved characters in the Toy Story franchise. Here are 10 fun facts about everyone’s favorite potato:
1. Mr Potato Head was the first toy to be marketed as a “gender-neutral” toy.
2. The original Mr Potato Head toy was created in 1952 by George Lerner. It was originally sold as a kit that included plastic body parts that could be stuck into a real potato or other fruit or vegetable.
3. The character of Mr Potato Head was voiced by Don Rickles in the Toy Story films. Rickles died in 2017, and his final recordings as Mr Potato Head were used in Toy Story 4 (2019).
4. In the Toy Story films, Mrs Potato Head is voiced by Estelle Harris. Harris also voices Stanley, Andy’s grandmother, in the films.
5. In Toy Story 3 (2010), Mr Potato Head is mistakenly sent to daycare instead of Andy’s room when Andy goes to college. At daycare, he befriends a group of toys who are later given away to a little girl named Bonnie Anderson (Emily Banks). He returns home at the end of the film.
6. Mr Potato Head has his own Twitter account, which he uses to share his thoughts on everything from Toy Story 4 to politics. He has amassed over 30,000 followers since joining Twitter in 2014.
7. In 2016, Mr Potato Head was given a makeover by Hasbro, with some of his plastic parts being replaced with putty-like “tater tubes”. The new design was not well received by fans and was quickly discontinued.
8. In 2019, Hasbro released a gender-neutral version of the Mr Potato Head toy called “Potato Heads”. The new toy does not come with any pre-determined gender features and can be customized however the child wants.
9. In 2020, Disney announced that Mr Potato Head would be getting his own TV show on Disney+. The show will focus on potato-themed puns and will feature celebrity guest stars such as Kelsey Grammer and Naomi Campbell . . . among others!
10 . . . And finally, fun fact number 10: if you look closely at Mr Potato Head’s eyes in Toy Story 4 (2019), you’ll notice that they spell out the word “POTATO” in Morse code!
Mr Potato Head’s Toy Story 3 Adventure
In Pixar’s “Toy Story 3,” the role of Mr. Potato Head is once again reprised by comedian Don Rickles. First introduced in the original “Toy Story” movie in 1995, Mr. Potato Head is a toy that comes to life when no one is around. In the third movie, he joins forces with Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the rest of the toys to escape from being sent to a daycare center. Along the way, he has many adventures and even gets a new pair of glasses.